For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
Personal Information We Hold About You.
We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or our website. This can include information you provide when you register to use the site, create an account on our site, provide feedback or reviews on our products or site, enter competitions through our site, correspond with us, purchase products from the site, subscribe to our email lists or respond to surveys or promotions.
We also collect personal information indirectly from you such as information about the pages you look at on the site or the device you connect to the site with. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as other users of the site.
We describe the categories of personal information we collect in more detail below:
- Contact details: such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions when you provide feedback or reviews on our products or site, or when you respond to our surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Messages to us: messages you send to us such as email and written correspondence.
- Payment and transaction information: we will keep records of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method you use for the transaction.
- Information about products you have looked at: We collect information about the products that you have looked at on the site, or that you have added to your basket on the site or to your wishlist.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service: We collect information about how you use the site such as the pages and links you access, the time you access the site and duration you are on it, the website you come to the site from or go to after leaving the site and selections, the location of your purchase, choices you make when using the site and the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to the site.
- Information provided by other users: Sometimes, other visitors to our site provide information that is associated with you. For example, other visitors may provide information that is associated with you when they invite you to use the website.
- Information provided by other organisations: Other organisations may provide information that we associate with you where they are lawfully permitted to share it, such as contact details, demographic data, or Internet navigation information.
- Information from fraud and crime prevention organisations: If fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
How We Use Your Information.
We will use your personal information for the purposes specifically described below:
- Processing orders and delivery: we will use your contact details and payment information to process your order. We use payment systems of trusted third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. We may also use the history of your transactions with us to determine products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Communicate with you: we will use your contact details and messages you send to us to communicate with you directly about the products we sell and the service we provide and about queries, issues or concerns you or other users have.
- Marketing activities: we will use your personal details to support a number of marketing, statistical and analytical activities all aimed at improving our services, products and website.
- Carry out statistical analysis: we will use information about your location and how you use and connect to the website to help us generate statistics on our customer’s shopping experience on the website, for analysis purposes and to help us develop and improve products or services.
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the site, developing new products and features or displaying information about the purchases made via our site such as the most popular purchases or purchases based on an approximate location.
Marketing and Advertising.
Email Marketing – From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our products and services. If you do not want us to send you email marketing, please let us know by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link (where available) in the emails we send to you.
Email Notifications About Your Order or Changes to the Services We Provide – We may send you email notifications in relation to your order or changes to the way we provide our services to you.
Advertising on the Site and other Websites – We, or our advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on our site or on other websites. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use the site or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the site, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the site or the e-mail address you provide to us or our website. We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on the site or other websites or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
Storing and Transferring Your Personal Information.
We keep the personal information we collect about you in secure environments. Your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organisation or individuals.
Accessing Your Personal Information.
If there is information you would like to access, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “Contact us” section below. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
Links to Third Party Sites.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Changes To This Policy.
Notice To You.
If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email or by placing a notice on the site.